THE MINISTRY OF INFORMATION, COMMUNICATION AND TECHNOLOGY, INNOVATION AND YOUTH AFFAIRS
Job Ref: V/NO. 152/2020
Job Grade: CSG 5
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above position.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the website.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 6th July 2020 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time).
Terms of Service: Permanent /Local Agreement
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- served for a minimum period of fifteen (15) years and currently serving at the grade of Assistant Director, Film Services, CSG 7 and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service or private sector;
- a Bachelors degree in either Film Production, Film and Animation, Theatre Arts and Film Technology, Broadcast Production (Film option), Communication Studies (Film option) or equivalent qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Bachelors degree in either Social Science, Information Science, Development Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Communication Studies, International Relations and Diploma/Post Graduate Diploma in either Film Production, Film and Animation, Mass Communication (Film/Animation option) or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters degree in either Film and Animation, Film Studies, Film and Media Studies, Broadcast Production (Film option) or its equivalent qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a thorough understanding of the constitution, National goals and policies and ability to translate them to film programmes and projects; and
- demonstrated professional competence and leadership ability in film production as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and responsibilities
An officer at this level will be head of the Department of Film Services and is responsible for overall supervision and coordination of the department. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- initiating and providing strategic leadership on all policy issues that relate to the film industry;
- establishing appropriate legal framework to promote the industry;
- overseeing the enforcement of part two (2) of Films and Stage plays Act, Cap 222;
- planning, coordinating, controlling, developing, promoting, monitoring and evaluation of film services in the country;
- ensuring the interpretation and implementation of Government policies on SocioCultural, Economic, Political development, National Integration and cohesion through Audio-Visual content for dissemination and archiving for posterity;
- overseeing the implementation of regional, continental and international protocols, agreements, conventions and treaties in the film sector;
- promoting linkages with Ministries, State Departments and Agencies (MDAs) on film related matters;
- undertaking research on emerging issues in the Film industry to inform policy formulation; and
- spearheading resource mobilization for development of the film industry.
- Salary Offer Salary Scale: Ksh. 132,000 – Ksh. 195,410 P.M., House Allowance: Ksh.48, 000 – 60,000 (Depending on duty station), Commuter Allowance: Ksh.20, 000, Leave Allowance: Ksh.10, 000 (once yearly), Medical Cover: As provided by the government
- Total Years Experience 15