Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a leading National Referral Hospital with a Vision of be a premier hospital renowned for Clinical Excellence, Education and Research. The hospital seeks to attract qualified and experienced expertise in the following listed specialized areas. These positions will be on full time basis.
ENT SPECIALIST – KUTRRH/DCSENTS/320 – 1 POST
The ENT Consultant’s job exists to provide Specialized Medical ENT services, research and training in the hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Treating conditions of the ears, upper pharynx and oral cavity, larynx, nose, face and neck.
- Treating nosebleeds, tonsillectomies, adenoidectomies, infected mastoids and sinusitis.
- Assisting patients with a limited or altered sense of smell.
- Treating patients with tumors in the head or neck or patients with a defect in the ear, nose, or throat.
- Collaborating with other medical practitioners.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of the Department.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from a recognized institution.
- Master of Medicine in ENT Surgery from a recognized institution.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council.
- Recognition as a specialist by the KMPDC.
- Valid Practice License.
- Professional Insurance Indemnity Cover.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- At least three years of working experience as ENT Surgeon in a busy hospital.
Soft Skills Required
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Compassionate skills
- Team player
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online. Or send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form (downloaded here) ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital,
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO,
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you have to attach the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form when you apply online via the portal. The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 23rd September 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All shortlisted candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only).
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA.
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission.
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
- Total Years Experience 0