Job Opening No.: ITC/JO/F1/2020
Deadline for Application: 14 October 2020 (midnight Geneva time)
The Office of the Executive Director provides strategic leadership for the development and management of the organization. It coordinates the corporate work programme through preparation and monitoring of the Centre’s Business Plan and the key functions of evaluation, resource mobilization and corporate communications.
OBJECTIVES OF FELLOWSHIP
This Fellowship opportunity at ITC is in collaboration with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation. Established in 2006 the Mo Ibrahim Foundation aims to support good governance and great leadership in Africa. The Foundation works to:
- Stimulate debate on good governance;
- Provide criteria by which citizens and governments can measure progress;
- Recognize achievement in African leadership and provide a practical way in which leaders can build positive legacies on the continent when they have left office;
- Support aspiring leaders for the African continent.
The Fellowship offers a mentorship experience with the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director of ITC to prepare young Africans for leadership of major organizations and multilateral institutions.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Chief Adviser to the Executive Director the successful Fellow
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of strategic assignments related to trade development including private sector issues and specific challenges of small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs);
- Carry out applicable research as required;
- Contribute to the design, development and implementation of strategies for effective Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) and generation of resources;
- Participate in high-level discussions and preparation of applicable briefing notes and working documentation as required;
- Undertake other duties as assigned and required.
- Applicants must hold African nationality.
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age at time of application (women with children should be under 45 years of age).
EDUCATION: Master’s degree in economics, business, international development, international relations or related area.
WORK EXPERIENCE: Minimum seven years of relevant work experience.
LANGUAGES: Advanced English. Knowledge of other UN official languages in particular French or Spanish is an asset.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of international trade development and trade related development assistance (TRTA);
- Knowledge of strategic planning and governance;
- Strong research and writing skills;
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex concepts and data;
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with individuals at all levels and different multicultural backgrounds.
CRITICAL JOB-SPECIFIC VALUES AND COMPETENCIES
- Respect for Diversity
TERMS OF SERVICE
This is not a regular position of the International Trade Centre. The agreement for this Fellowship assignment is for a period of one year and is not renewable. Funding is provided by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation (MIF).
- Total Years Experience 7