Responsible for ensuring standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness are maintained throughout the hospital and to manage the housekeeping and laundry department efficiently to maintain standards and control costs.
- Ensure that all established hospital & departmental policies are adhered to.
- Ensure that supervisors & cleaners perform their tasks efficiently and on timely manner.
- Ensure all the hospital infection control, safety and sanitation policies are adhered to.
- Ensure all cleaning schedules are done & monitored in the form of reviewing a check list.
- Ensure cleaners have adequate supply of materials required to perform their tasks.
- Ensure all cleaning equipment and machines are in good working condition.
- Actively participate in daily briefing and have regular department meetings.
- Participate in Kaizen & ISO/JCIA related work.
- To assist in Standard work-housekeeping time study motion & standards
- Prepare policies & procedures for each task being performed.
- Monitor staffs performance by way of setting objectives & reviewing the same through Performance Management Appraisals.
- Participate in various committees & meetings.
- Handle housekeeping & laundry complaints.
- Adhere to departmental budgets.
- Arrange for induction & training of staff.
- Liaise with Maintenance departments for any corrective & or preventive maintenance work required.
Qualification & other requirement
- Diploma in Housekeeping/ Hospitality.
- Supervisory skills in a hospital.
- Minimum of 2 yrs experience.
- Ability to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Proactive with a meticulous eye for detail.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Strong organizational, supervisory and communication skills.
- Total Years Experience 2