THE MINISTRY OF INFORMATION, COMMUNICATION AND TECHNOLOGY, INNOVATION AND YOUTH AFFAIRS
Job Ref: V/NO. 147/2020
Job Grade: CSG 4
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above position.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the website.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 6th July 2020 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time).
Terms of Service: Permanent /Local Agreement
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- served for a minimum period of fifteen (15) years and currently serving at the grade of Deputy Director, Information Communication Technology, CSG 6 and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service or private sector;
- a Masters degree in Computer Science or any other ICT related discipline from a recognized university in Kenya;
- demonstrated a high level of competence and outstanding management qualities in computerized information systems; and
- outstanding managerial and administrative capability and a wide professional experience in ICT policies and e-government strategy development implementation, monitoring and evaluation
Duties and responsibilities
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Principal Secretary for provision of strategic direction, policy development, management and administration of eGovernment initiatives. Specifically, duties and responsibilities at this level include:
- supporting the government in reviewing, articulating and implementing the egovernment strategy;
- provision of clear, timely and effective advice and guidance on strategic and operational issues on e-government;
- championing a spirit of collaboration and common purpose for the e-government initiatives;
- contributing effectively to the directorates strategic development and corporate management;
- fostering an innovative and supportive management style;
- striving for continuous improvements through effective performance management and monitoring ;
- identifying resource gaps and making proposals to mobilize resources; and
- ensuring that the e-government directorate adopts and delivers consistent, clear and high standards of customer service
- Salary Offer Salary Scale: Kshs. 166,780 – Ksh. 322,040 P.M., House Allowance: Ksh.80, 000, Commuter Allowance: Ksh.24, 000, Leave Allowance: Ksh.10, 000 (once yearly), Medical Cover: As provided by the government
- Total Years Experience 15