Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a leading National Referral Hospital with a Vision of be a premier hospital renowned for Clinical Excellence, Education and Research. The hospital seeks to attract qualified and experienced expertise in the following listed specialized areas. These positions will be on full time basis.
SENIOR PUBLIC HEALTH OFFICER – KUTRRH/DCSCPHO/337 – 1 POST
The Senior Public Health Officer job exists to coordinate and provide public health services in the hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, organizing, directing and controlling public health activities.
- Providing public health services in conjunction with other relevant departments.
- Developing and implementing training curriculum.
- Collection of water and food samples.
- Ensuring disaster preparedness and response.
- Implementing environmental health programs and projects.
- Supervising water and food samples collection for bacteriological and chemical analysis.
- Implementing integrated public health strategies.
- Carrying out disease surveillance, prevention and control.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the head of the department.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Environmental Health Sciences or Public Health from a recognized institution.
- Certificate of Competence from the Association of Public Health Officers Registration with the Public Health Officers and Technicians Council.
- Valid Practice License.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Knowledge of relevant legislations.
- Knowledge of professional standards.
- At least three years of working experience as Public Health Officer in a reputable hospital
Soft Skills Required
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Team player
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online. Or send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form (downloaded here) ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital,
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO,
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you have to attach the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form when you apply online via the portal. The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 23rd September 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All shortlisted candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only).
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA.
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission.
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
- Total Years Experience 3